Find answers and general information quickly
1. How long does it take for PJ Glass to replace a standard windshield?
It normally takes about 1.5 hours to replace most standard auto glass. Factors that could affect this time frame range from the make and model of your vehicle, to any unique tech features.
2. How long does it take PJ Glass to repair a chip or crack?
It takes about 30 to 45 minutes to repair a chip or a crack in your auto glass, depending on how many you have, as well as their depth and placement.
3. Will I be able to see the chip or any distortion from the repair post-completion?
In most cases, you will be able to see the outline of the chip after a repair, although it will most definitely be less visible. The sooner damage is repaired after impact, the higher the chances of a clean, subtle repair. Key factors that could potentially affect the quality of the repair are if there is a significant amount of missing glass and the part of the windshield that was damaged.
4. Does windshield damage always require replacement, or can I repair my windshield instead?
Chips or cracks that are more than 6 inches in length will require a replacement in order to restore the structural integrity and strength of your vehicle. If left unattended, chips and cracks can increase from fluctuations in temperature, air pressure and regular driving as the windshield comes into contact with road debris at high speeds.
5. What are the chances of my auto glass becoming more damaged during the repair process?
Repairing a damaged windshield makes sense for many reasons. Repairs save money by preventing the need for costly replacement, and are very convenient taking only a few minutes. Repairs are also safe, since the glass is never removed and the original factory seal is maintained. With the rising price of modern automotive windshields and the high rate of faulty installations, windshield repair is a very economical, convenient and safe alternative to replacing
6. Is my vehicle safe to drive right after repair and replacement?
We recommend that you wait a minimum of 1 hour after a repair or replacement service before you take your vehicle out on the road. Vehicles that have had their side windows repaired or replaced, on the other hand, can be driven immediately following service.
7. What areas does the mobile service cover?
Our mobile service area covers all of the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley area.
8. How do I know how much of the service costs my insurance will cover?
Whether you have ICBC or private insurance, your auto insurance contract will tells you what their deductible is.
9. Should I expect to see an increase in my premiums by filing a claim for glass damage to my insurance company?
We recommend that you go straight to your insurer as they will be able to give you the most accurate answer. It’s common for customers to file insurance claims that cover the costs of auto glass damage repair, however, it’s best to check your policy or call your provider to get the most up-to-date information regarding your coverage.
9. Why should I repair my windshield?
Full replacements are costly and opting for repairs whenever possible is a great way to save money as well as restore your vehicle’s capacity to protect you. Repairs, in addition to being economical and quick, are also safe since the factory seal isn’t disturbed.